Join our TFSA Team
TFSA: Terms of Reference for Programme Administration Officer
This Terms of Reference (TOR) details the obligations and duties of the Programme Administration Officer position.
Period of Performance: 01 July – 30 September 2022
Level of Expertise: Mid-Level
Supervision: Operations and Finance Director
Location: Southern African Region (South Africa, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Mozambique, and Namibia)
1.1 Background and objective of the TFSA programme
DAI provides management and technical support services to the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) to support the TFSA programme. This programme will give both capacity building and technical assistance to help grow trade and find targeted solutions to improve gender equality in trade to alleviate poverty across the SACU+M region (Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia and South Africa).
The main activities included in the programme are:
- Increased access to information and trade promotion;
- Support in compliance with market standards and integration in supply chain/value chains;
- Trade and customs training and improving access; and
- Equality for women in trade.
This programme expects to: increase opportunities to trade; overcome non-technical barriers (NTBs) to trade in goods; improve export performance, and in doing so achieve a poverty reduction and have a gender positive impact on trade in SACU+M, as well as to help facilitate trade continuity between SACU+M countries and the UK post-EU exit.
1.2 Scope of work
The Programme Administration Officer primary functions will include
- Programme Administration
- Providing support to the organisation of TFSA meetings, including but not limited to TFSA Webinars and TFSA Quarterly Country Lead meetings, NSC and PSC meeting, Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly update meetings to the client
- Responsible for organising TFSA National Steering Committee (NSC) meetings and Programme Steering Committee (PSC) Meetings. This includes preparing the NSC and PSC Meeting packs, preparing agendas in collaboration with the technical team, sending out meeting packs in at least three weeks in advance of the meeting and confirming attendance
- Provide support for TFSA Webinars
- Taking detailed notes during TFSA meetings as assigned, preparing meeting minutes, sending minutes out within 72 hours of meetings for approval, and collecting amendments to minutes as appropriate for final approval
- Managing TFSA training registration
- Preparing all Quotations (RFQ) requests for review by Finance and Operations Director and the technical team.
- Preparing Source Selection Memos/Requests and Subcontract Memos to ensure integrity, compliance, fairness, accuracy, completeness and openness in procurement processes for review by the Finance and Operations Director
- Preparing Purchase Orders and Modifications and ensuring proper documentation is collected throughout the procurement process.
- Receiving bid packs from bidders and preparing the review files for selection
- Preparing complete backup documentation for procurement purchases
- Preparing payment vouchers and loading payments on the online banking system
Monitoring Research Evaluation and Learning (MREL)
- Support to the MREL manager in administering surveys and tabulating data for the MREL data collection.
- Support data entry of programmatic activities
- A Bachelors degree in Business Administration or a similar field
- More than five years of experience providing administrative support in an international development programme setting.
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines and to prioritise tasks according to importance and delivery time
- Proficiency in utilising Microsoft Office Suite programmes including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint, and Outlook
- Excellent command of the English Language, including written and spoken at Level 5, with an ability to draft and edit reports for completion to external client standards
- A positive “Can-do” attitude with proven creative problem-solving skills while under time pressure to deliver results and complete tasks on time
Interested candidates please submit applications TCBP_Recruitment@dai.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.