Join the TFSA Team
Terms of Reference for the Provision of Short Term Technical Assistance for Development of a Guide and Action Plan for Export Trade Training for Women in SACU+M
The Terms of Reference (TOR) detail the obligations and responsibilities to develop a training scale guide and action plan for Trade Forward Southern Africa (TFSA) Programme Women in Trade Initiative.
Period of Performance: 11 September 2021 to 30 November 2021
Supervision: Lead Gender and Inclusion – TFSA
Location: Homebased and online support for Southern African Region (South Africa, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Mozambique, and Namibia)
The Objective of the Programme
DAI provides management and technical support services to the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) to support the TFSA programme. This programme offers capacity building and technical assistance to help grow trade and find targeted solutions to improve gender equality in trade to alleviate poverty across the SACU+M region (South Africa, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia).
The main activities included in the programme are:
- Increased access to information and trade promotion;
- Support in compliance with market standards and integration in supply chain/value chains;
- Trade and customs training and improving access; and
- Equality for women in trade.
This programme expects to: increase opportunities to trade; overcome non-tariff barriers (NTBs) to trade in goods; improve export performance, and in doing so achieve a reduction in poverty and have a gender positive impact on trade in SACU+M, as well as to help facilitate trade continuity between SACU+M countries and the UK post-EU exit.
Scope of Work
TFSA is seeking a mid-level knowledge and learning consultant to document an export trade training process for women business owners participating in an export trade training cohort planned for delivery between September and December 2021 in South Africa. In addition, the consultant will generate a guide from the lessons learned and knowledge gained to serve as a how-to manual and action plan for delivery of the same training across all other SACU+M.
The Guide is intended for use by trade promotion agencies and organisations to advance relevant training support to women, using an improved model of the pilot currently underway.
It must contain the following information on the process:
- Background to the Guide
- Checklist for intended users
- Minimum requirements for users
- Definition of terms
- A step by step process for selection of learners and training delivery
- Monitoring framework
- Lessons and insights from pilot participants as messaging to fellow women
This partnership will collaborate to develop and manage the platform incorporating embedded training programmes and knowledge, learning and export process material to meet TFSA’s Monitoring, Research Evaluation and Learning (MREL) objectives.
Deliverables, Deadlines and Activities
Approved Learner Persona Development Guide
30 September 2021
Approved Selection Process Guide
30 September 2021
Approved Learner onboarding guide
31 October 2021
Approved Training process
31 October 2021
Scale Plan Guide
20 November 2021
- Knowledge management and gender professional with over five years experience in documenting and packaging knowledge for scale use
- Ability to facilitate a diverse team of women and stakeholders in generating knowledge solutions that are responsive to women’s needs
- Proven ability to turn knowledge into scalable activities
- Ability to be flexible and work on demand if planned activities or focus change.